Performance Characteristics of Malleable Iron Castings
• The fluidity is worse than gray cast iron, and the volume shrinkage rate is high
• It is brittle before annealing treatment, and the raw castings are easily damaged
• The comprehensive mechanical properties are slightly inferior to ductile cast iron, and the impact toughness is 3~4 times larger than gray cast iron
Structural Characteristics of Malleable Iron Castings
• Since the malleable cast iron casting is white cast iron, it is suitable for casting small pieces with uniform and thin wall thickness. The most suitable wall thickness is 5-16 mm
• In order to increase rigidity, the cross-section shape is mostly designed as H-shaped or T-shaped and should avoid cross-shaped.
• Partial protrusions should use ribs