Customized Precision Steel Casting Parts from Investment Casting Foundry.
During the investment casting process, a wax pattern is coated with a ceramic material, which, when hardened, adopts the internal geometry of the desired casting. In most cases, multiple parts are cast together for high efficiency by attaching individual wax patterns to a central wax stick called a sprue. The wax is melted out of the pattern – which is why it is also known as the lost wax process – and molten metal is poured into the cavity. When the metal solidifies, the ceramic mold is shaken off, leaving the near net shape of the desired casting, followed by finishing, testing and packaging.
What Are The Investment Castings Used For?
Investment castings are widely used in pumps and valves, automobile, trucks, hydraulics, forklift trucks and many other industries. Because of their exceptional casting tolerance and exellent finish, the lost wax castings are used more and more. Especially, the stainless steel investment castings play a vital important role in the shipbuilding and boats because they have strong anti-rust performance.
▶ Raw Materials Available for Investment Casting (Lost Wax Casting Process)
• Carbon Steel: AISI 1020 - AISI 1060,
• Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass & Copper.
• Other Materials and Standards on request
▶ Capabilities of Investment Casting
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Main Production Procedure
• Patterns & Tooling Design → Metal Die Making → Wax Injection → Slurry Assembly → Shell Building → De-Waxing → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
▶ Inspecting Lost Wax Castings
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Andonizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Why You Choose RMC for Custom Lost Wax Casting Parts?
• Full solution from one single supplier ranging customized pattern design to finished castings and secondary process including machining, heat treatment and surface treatment.
• Costdown proposals from our professional engineers based on your unique requirement.
• Short leadtime for prototype, trial casting and any possible technical improvement.
• Bonded Materials: Silica Col, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Manufacturing flexibility for small orders to mass orders.
• Strong outsourcing manufacturing capabilities.
1. Valve and Pump Parts: Valve Body (Housing), Butterfly Valve Disc, Ball Valve Housing, Flange, Connector, Camlock, Open Impeller, Close Impeller, Pump Housing (Body), Pump Cover.
2. Truck Parts: Rocker Arms, Transmission Gearbox, Drive Axles, Gear Housing, Gear Cover, Towing Eye, Connect Rod, Engine Block, Engine Cover, Joint Bolt, Power Takeoff, Crankshaft, Camshaft, Oil Pan.
3. Hydraulic Parts: Hydraulic Cylinder, Hydraulic Pump, Gerotor Housing, Vane, Bushing, Hydraulic Tank, Hydraulic Cylinder Head, Hydraulic Cylinder Triangle Bracket.
4. Agricultural Machinery and Tractor Parts: Gear Housing, Gear Cover, Connect Rod, Torque Rod, Engine Block, Engine Cover, Oil Pump Housing, Bracket, Hanger, Hook, Bracket.
5. Rail Trains and Freight Cars: Shock Absorber Housing, Shock Absorber Cover, Draft Gear Housing, Draft Gear Cover, Wedge and Cone, Wheels, Brake Systems, Handles, Guids.
6. Construction Machinery Parts: Gear, Bearing Seat, Gear Pump, Gearbox Housing, Gearbox Cover, Flange, Bushing, Boom Cylinder, Support Bracket, Hydraulic Tank, Bucket Teeth, Bucket.
7. Logistics Equipment Parts: Wheels, Caster, Bracket, Hydraulic Cylinder, Forklift Spare Parts, Lock Case,
8. Automobile Parts: Brake Disc, Connect Rod, Drive Axle, Drive Shaft, Control Arm, Gearbox Housing, Gearbox Cover, Clutch Cover, Clutch Housing, Wheels, Filter Housing, C.V. Joint Housing, Lock Hook.
▶ Applications of Our Custom Casting and Machining Parts: