Carbon Steel Precision Silica Sol Lost Wax Investment Casting
Different precision casting alloys are available in RMC for your different purpose. You may choose standard carbon steel or steel alloys for common utility, moreover, you can order special alloy steel for your unique use.
For carbon steel castings, carbon is the main element that determines the metallographic structure and properties of steel. In the range of hypoeutectoid steel, as the carbon content increases, the relative amount of ferrite decreases and the relative amount of pearlite increases. When reaching the eutectoid composition, all are pearlite. In the hypereutectoid range, as the carbon content increases, the relative amount of proeutectoid cementite increases and the relative amount of pearlite decreases.
Carbon steel, low alloy steel, and tool steel castings are used in several industrial applications and environments. With their numerous grades, steel and their alloys can be heat-treated to improve its yield and tensile strength, hardness or ductility to the engineer's application needs or desired mechanical properties.
Compared with standard parts, there are more non-standard or tailor-made steel precision cast products. Commonly customers request for investment casting parts with their own unique drawings and requirements. Even for standard parts, they always ask to add their own logo or other casting marks onto the steel casting without effecting the functions. However RMC steel investment casting foundry really can do more than that.
Casting as per customer's drawings is our key portion of precision casting service but not our only service. Actually, we offer the completely one-stop-solution steel investment casting service with various value added services including casting design, precision machining, heat treatment, surface finish, assembling, packing, shipping...etc. You can choose all these casting service according your own experience or with assistance from our precision casting engineers. Besides, we keep confidentiality for customers as the prime thing for OEM service. NDA will be signed and stamped if necessary.
Investment (lost wax) casting is a method of precision casting complex near-net-shape details using replication of wax patterns. It is a metal forming process that typically uses a wax pattern surrounded by a ceramic shell to make a ceramic mold. When the shell dries, the wax is melted away, leaving only the mold. Then the casting component is formed by pouring molten metal into the ceramic mold. Also called precision investment casting, lost wax casting could achieve complex forms with exceptional surface qualities for both small and large casting parts in a wide range of materials such as carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel...etc. lost wax casting offers tighter dimensional tolerances, better surface finishes, produces near-net shape parts which therefore require less machining and other processing, and allows for the steel casting of complex-geometry parts and intricate details such as casting marks and company logos.
▶ Raw Materials of Cast Steel as per standard or customized chemical compositions and mechanical properties.
• Carbon Steel: AISI 1020 - AISI 1060,
• Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L, 1.4404, 1.4301 and other stainless steel grade.
▶ Capabilities of Cast Steel Components
• Max Size: 1,500 mm × 1000 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 500 kg
• Annual Capacity: 5,000 tons - 6,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ How We Inspect the Cast Steel Components:
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Anodizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding,