▶ Vacuum Casting Materials:
• Carbon Steel: Low Carbon Steel, Medium Carbon Steel and High Carbon Steel from AISI 1020 to AISI 1060.
• Cast Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass & Copper.
• Other Materials and Standards on request
▶ V Process Casting Capacities:
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Inspecting V-Process Casting Components:
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Vacuum Casting Procedures:
• The pattern is covered tightly by a thin sheet of plastic.
• A flask is placed over the coated pattern and is filled with dry sand without bind.
• The second flak is then placed on top of the sand, and a vacuum draws the sand so that the pattern can be tight and withdrawn. Both halves of the mold are made and assembled in this way.
• During pouring, the mold remains under a vacuum but the casting cavity does not.
• When the metal has solidified, the vacuum is turned off and the sand falls away, releasing the casting.
• Vacuum molding produces casting with high-quality detail and dimensional accuracy.
• It is especially well suited for large, relatively flat castings.
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Andonizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Why You Choose RMC for V (Vacuum) Process Casting Components?
• Easy recovery of the sand because the binders are not used
• Sand does not require mechanical reconditioning.
• Good air permeability because there is no water is mixed with sand, therefore less casting defects.
• More suitable for large scale castings
• Cost effective, especially for large castings.
▶ General Commerial Terms
• Main workflow: Inquiry & Quotation → Confirming Details / Cost Reduction Proposals → Tooling Development → Trial Casting → Samples Approval → Trial Order → Mass Production → Continuous Order Proceeding
• Leadtime: Estimatedly 15-25 days for tooling development and estimatedly 20 days for mass production.
• Payment Terms: To be negotiated.
• Payment methods: T/T, L/C, West Union, Paypal.
If you have a project that requires high-quality vacuum investment castings, we can provide them for you. Here at RMC, we utilize both gravity fed and vacuum casting methods to produce metal components that range in weight from a few kilograms up to hundreds of kilograms. Our countless years of experience in both of these methods guarantee that we can supply superior or near net shape parts that require little or no finish work. Get the investment castings that you need, delivered on time and at a competitive price, by contacting us today!