Material: Cast Carbon Steel Process: Silica Sol Lost Wax Casting + CNC Machining Weight: 6.92 kg Application: Truck Wheel
Carbon Steel Lost Wax Investment Castings from China foundry. From patter design to finished casting, CNC machining, heat treatment and surfae treatment.
According to the level of carbon content, carbon steel for casting is generally divided into low carbon steel, medium carbon steel and high carbon steel. The cast carbon steels of all countries in the world are generally classified according to their strength, and corresponding grades are formulated.
Regarding the chemical composition of carbon steel, except for phosphorus and sulfur, there are no restrictions or only upper limits on other chemical elements. Under the above premise, the chemical composition of cast carbon steel is determined by the foundry according to the required mechanical properties.
The heat treatment methods of carbon steel castings are usually annealing, normalizing or normalizing + tempering. For some high carbon steel castings, quenching and tempering can also be used, that is, quenching + high temperature tempering, so as to improve the comprehensive mechanical properties of carbon steel castings. Small carbon steel castings can be directly quenched and tempered from the as-cast state. For large-scale or complex-shaped carbon steel castings, it is appropriate to perform quenching and tempering treatment after normalizing treatment.
Investment casting, also called lost wax casting or precision casting, is a method of precision casting complex near-net-shape details using replication of wax patterns. Investment casting or lost wax is a metal forming process that typically uses a wax pattern surrounded by a ceramic shell to make a ceramic mold. When the shell dries, the wax is melted away, leaving only the mold. Then the casting component is formed by pouring molten metal into the ceramic mold.
The process is suitable for repeatable production of net shape components from a variety of different metals and high performance alloys. Although generally used for small castings, this process has been used to produce complete aircraft door frames, with steel castings of up to 500 kgs and aluminium castings of up to 50 kgs. Compared to other casting processes such as die casting or sand casting, it can be an expensive process. However, the components that can be produced using investment casting can incorporate intricate contours, and in most cases the components are cast near net shape, so require little or no rework once cast.
Silica sol casting process is the main steel investment casting process of RMC investment casting foundry. We have been developing new technology of adhesive material to achieve much more economical and effective adhesive material to build the slurry shell. It is a overwhelming trend that Silica sol casting process replaces the rough inferior water glass process, especially for stainless steel casting and alloy steel casting. Besides the innovated molding material, the silica sol casting process has also being innovated to much steadier and less heat expanding.
▶ Metals for Lost Wax Investment Casting:
• Carbon Steel: AISI 1020 - AISI 1060,
• Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L, 1.4404, 1.4301 and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass, Red Copper, Bronze or other Copper-based metals
• Other Materials as per your unique requirements or according to ASTM, SAE, AISI, ACI, DIN, EN, ISO, and GB standards
▶ Capabilities of Investment Casting Foundry
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Bond Materials for Shell Building: Silica Sol, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Casting Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Main Production Procedure
• Patterns & Tooling Design → Metal Die Making → Wax Injection → Slurry Assembly → Shell Building → De-Waxing → Chemical Composition Analysis → Melting & Pouring → Cleaning, Grinding & Shot Blasting → Post Processing or Packing for Shipment
▶ Inspecting Lost Wax Castings
• Spectrographic and manual quantitative analysis
• Metallographic analysis
• Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers hardness inspection
• Mechanical property analysis
• Low and normal temperature impact testing
• Cleanliness inspection
• UT, MT and RT inspection
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Anodizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Advantages of Investment Casting Components:
• Excellent and smooth surface finish
• Tight dimensional tolerances.
• Complex and intricate shapes with design flexibility
• Capability to cast thin walls therefore a lighter casting component
• Wide selection of cast metals and alloys (ferrous and non-ferrous)
• Draft is not required in the molds design.
• Reduce the need for secondary machining.
• Low material waste.
▶ Why You Choose RMC for Custom Lost Wax Casting Parts?
• Full solution from one single supplier ranging customized pattern design to finished castings and secondary process including CNC machining, heat treatment and surface treatment.
• Costdown proposals from our professional engineers based on your unique requirement.
• Short leadtime for prototype, trial casting and any possible technical improvement.
• Bonded Materials: Silica Col, Water Glass and their mixtures.
• Manufacturing flexibility for small orders to mass orders.
• Strong outsourcing manufacturing capabilities.
▶ General Commerial Terms
• Main workflow: Inquiry & Quotation → Confirming Details / Cost Reduction Proposals → Tooling Development → Trial Casting → Samples Approval → Trial Order → Mass Production → Continuous Order Proceeding
• Leadtime: Estimatedly 15-25 days for tooling development and estimatedly 20 days for mass production.
• Payment Terms: To be negotiated.
• Payment methods: T/T, L/C, West Union, Paypal.
To know better about our capabilities of lost wax casting, please click the following picture to turn to our page of Investment Casting Capabilities: