The investment casting process offers numerous advantages compared to other casting process, forging, machining, metal fabrication and other manufacturing methods.
Investment Casting vs. Sand Casting
Compared to sand casting, lost wax casting offers tighter dimensional tolerances, better surface finishes, produces near-net shape parts which therefore require less machining and other processing, and allows for the casting of complex-geometry parts and intricate details such as casting marks and company logos.
Investment Casting vs. Die Casting
Lost wax casting offers shorter lead times, greater alloy flexibility, including ferrous materials which cannot be die cast, greater design flexibility, better consistency, and produces parts closer to net shape which therefore require less or no machining. Toolings and patterns for lost wax casting are also dramatically less expensive than die casting process.
Investment Casting vs. Forging
Compared to forging, precision investment casting offers tighter tolerances and lower tooling costs, and provides near-net shape parts which require less machining and additional processing. With investment casting process, it is also possible to produce cored geometries, which is almost impossible for forging process.
Investment Casting vs. Machining
Precision investment casting offers lower unit piece costs over long production runs, significantly less material waste thereby reducing material costs, and the ability to work with a larger selection of alloys.
Investment Casting vs. Metal Fabrication
Investment casting can be more accurate and precise than metal fabrication. As an less labor intensive process, investment casting offers bigger weight savings, more available material, greater design flexibility, shorter lead times, and quicker prototyping. Additionally, when using metal fabrication the welding or assembling might be needed from multiple individual pieces to create a structure, while precision investment casting allows for the same part to be cast only by one casting.
Applications of Our Custom Casting and Machining Parts:
1. Valve and Pump Parts: Valve Body (Housing), Butterfly Valve Disc, Ball Valve Housing, Flange, Connector, Camlock, Open Impeller, Close Impeller, Pump Housing (Body), Pump Cover.
2. Truck Parts: Rocker Arms, Transmission Gearbox, Drive Axles, Gear Housing, Gear Cover, Towing Eye, Connect Rod, Engine Block, Engine Cover, Joint Bolt, Power Takeoff, Crankshaft, Camshaft, Oil Pan.
3. Hydraulic Parts: Hydraulic Cylinder, Hydraulic Pump, Gerotor Housing, Vane, Bushing, Hydraulic Tank, Hydraulic Cylinder Head, Hydraulic Cylinder Triangle Bracket.
4. Agricultural Machinery and Tractor Parts: Gear Housing, Gear Cover, Connect Rod, Torque Rod, Engine Block, Engine Cover, Oil Pump Housing, Bracket, Hanger, Hook, Bracket.
5. Rail Trains and Freight Cars: Shock Absorber Housing, Shock Absorber Cover, Draft Gear Housing, Draft Gear Cover, Wedge and Cone, Wheels, Brake Systems, Handles, Guids.
6. Construction Machinery Parts: Gear, Bearing Seat, Gear Pump, Gearbox Housing, Gearbox Cover, Flange, Bushing, Boom Cylinder, Support Bracket, Hydraulic Tank, Bucket Teeth, Bucket.
7. Logistics Equipment Parts: Wheels, Caster, Bracket, Hydraulic Cylinder, Forklift Spare Parts, Lock Case,
8. Automobile Parts: Brake Disc, Connect Rod, Drive Axle, Drive Shaft, Control Arm, Gearbox Housing, Gearbox Cover, Clutch Cover, Clutch Housing, Wheels, Filter Housing, C.V. Joint Housing, Lock Hook.